Pete Robinson, North East Wedding Photographer
'Junebug Weddings Best of the Best 2020'
Hi, I'm Pete Robinson, North East Wedding Photographer based in North Tyneside Business Centre, in North Shields. I'm married to my gorgeous wife Sarah and we have two beautiful children together.
Back in 2000 I trained as a photographer in the Royal Air Force at The Defence School of Photography. I went on to have my photography work featured on the front pages of National Newspapers (see photo of a very young looking me holding them!).
When I left the RAF, I still did photography as a hobby and started uploading my photography on to Facebook. Some friends loved my work and asked me to photograph their wedding. They were delighted with their photographs and I couldn't wait to shoot my next one. I then started 'Eye of the Tyne Photography' and 6 years later, I'm now a full time photographer again. I have shot weddings all over the UK and as far away as New York City.
Photography is my life but when I’m not behind a camera I love to cook amazing food for me and my wife. I also LOVE building dens with my kids, going to the beach, watching the sun rise and looking at the stars! I’m also obsessed with strong coffee, spiced rums and wearing vintage style clothing! I also collect music and often go to see bands that no one has ever heard of!
Award Winning North East Wedding Photographer
Just some of the awards that I have won for my photography:
- Junebug Weddings Best of the Best - 2020
- Your Perfect Wedding Photographer - Best of 2020
- British Photography Awards Best Wedding Photographer Finalist - 2019
- Your Perfect Wedding Photographer - Best of 2019
- One Eyeland - United Kingdom's Top 10 Wedding Photographers -2019
- One Eyeland - World's Top 10 Wedding Photo Contest - Finalist - 2019
- The Wedding Industry Awards Regional Finalist - 2018
- Your North East Wedding Magazine ‘Top 10 Wedding Photographers’ - 2018.
- The British Journal of Photography’s 'Portrait of Britain’ Winner - 2016
- The Prestige Photography Gold Award - 2018
- 'I am Nikon' Winner - 2015 (See video at 1m 35s)
North East Wedding Venues
As a North East Wedding Photographer I have worked at some amazing venues. Here are just a few of my favourites. Please click on the links to see some of my photography from each venue:
- Le Petit Chateau Weddings
- Woodhill Hall Weddings
- South Causey Inn Weddings
- Parlour at Blagdon Weddings
- Jesmond Dene House Weddings
- Coniston Coppermines Lake District Weddings
- As You Like It Weddings
- Lumley Castle Weddings
- Beamish Hall Weddings
- Saltmarshe Hall Weddings
- Ellingham Hall Weddings
- Brinkburn Priory Weddings
- Kirkley Hall Weddings
- Grand Hotel Tynemouth Weddings
- Newton Hall Weddings
- Doxford Barns Weddings
- Tynemouth Priory Weddings